LSR launched these cafecitos (coffee chats) to increase access to resources and educate older adults, their families, and caregivers in the community about the benefits they may be eligible to apply for. These conversations aim to continue advocating on behalf of aging Latinos and improve the economic security of the Latino community as a whole.
Our community cafecitos (coffee chats) are hosted in various targeted locations to share resources with older adults and their communities. All discussions are followed by a training on using the NCOA BenefitsCheckupTool© to apply for money-saving benefits.
Save the date for our UPCOMING conversations with key community partners:
- Thursday, April 29th / Juanita C. Grant Foundation
- Thursday, May 13th / San Ysidro Health
- Thursday, May 27th / Borderland Rainbow Center & Alliance for African American Health in Central Texas
- Thursday, May 20th / The League of United Latin American Citizens (LULAC)
2020 Community Cafecitos on Demand:
- Thursday, September 10th Community Conversations on Money and Aging
- Thursday, October 1st – Solo Para Mujeres | Recursos y Beneficios
- Thursday, October 15th – Reaching for Equity: Demystifying Social Services for the LGBTQ+ Community
- Thursday, November 12th – Alliance For African American Health Of Central TX
- Thursday, November 19th – League Of United Latin American Citizens
- Thursday, December 10th – Juanita C. Grant Foundation
- San Ysidro Health, San Diego, CA
- Juanita C. Grant Foundation, Maryland/Washington, DC
- League of United Latin American Citizens, Washington, DC
- Borderland Rainbow Center, El Paso, Texas
- Alliance for African American Health of Central Texas, Austin, Texas
- Latinos for a Secure Retirement, Washington, DC/Dallas, Texas
About NCOA: The National Council on Aging (NCOA) is a trusted national leader working to ensure that every person can age well. Since 1950, our mission has not changed: Improve the lives of millions of older adults, especially those who are struggling. NCOA empowers people with the best solutions to improve their own health and economic security—and we strengthen government programs that we all depend on as we age. Every year, millions of people use our signature programs BenefitsCheckUp®, My Medicare Matters®, and the Aging Mastery Program® to age well. By offering online tools and collaborating with a nationwide network of partners, NCOA is working to improve the lives of 40 million older adults by 2030. Learn more at ncoa.org and @NCOAging.
About Latinos for A Secure Retirement: LSR’s mission is to safeguard the economic security of those dependent, now or in the future, on Social Security. We seek to protect and improve the economic security of disadvantaged and at-risk Hispanic populations in the United States. To learn more, visit www.latinoretirement.org or follow @LatinosRetire on social media.